Linux-Fsdevel Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
       [not found] <CANsGL8Mb31NWVSgj=B2fNtT3x4oYm3tDKYZxpBCKfNC9ROLcGA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-05-20 16:39 ` Randy Dunlap
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2020-05-20 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirinA raseliarison, linux-kernel, linux-ext4, Linux FS Devel,
	Al Viro, Theodore Ts'o

[adding Cc:s]

Kernel is 5.7.0-rc6.20200519.


On 5/20/20 5:57 AM, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> hello ,
> 
> i repeatedly hit this bug since gcc-10.1.0:
> 
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604136] ------------[ cut
> here ]------------
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604139] kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604145] invalid opcode: 0000
> [#1] SMP PTI
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604148] CPU: 1 PID: 149 Comm:
> kswapd0 Not tainted 5.7.0-rc6.20200519 #1
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604150] Hardware name: To be
> filled by O.E.M. To be filled by O.E.M./ONDA H61V Ver:4.01, BIOS 4.6.5
> 01/07/2013
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604155] RIP: 0010:clear_inode+0x75/0x80
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604157] Code: a8 20 74 2a a8
> 40 75 28 48 8b 83 28 01 00 00 48 8d 93 28 01 00 00 48 39 c2 75 17 48
> c7 83 98 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 5b c3 0f 0b <0f> 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f
> 0b 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 53 ba 48 02 00 00
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604158] RSP:
> 0000:ffffc9000048fb50 EFLAGS: 00010006
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604160] RAX: 0000000000000000
> RBX: ffff88808c5f9e38 RCX: 0000000000000000
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604161] RDX: 0000000000000001
> RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff88808c5f9fb8
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604162] RBP: ffff88808c5f9e38
> R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffc9000048fcd8
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604163] R10: 0000000000000000
> R11: 0000000000000520 R12: ffff88808c5f9fb0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604164] R13: ffff88820f14d000
> R14: ffff88820f14d070 R15: 0000000000000122
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604166] FS:
> 0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff888217700000(0000)
> knlGS:0000000000000000
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604167] CS:  0010 DS: 0000
> ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604168] CR2: 00007f7849e58000
> CR3: 000000001e676006 CR4: 00000000001606e0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604169] Call Trace:
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604174]  ext4_clear_inode+0x16/0x80
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604177]  ext4_evict_inode+0x58/0x4c0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604180]  evict+0xbf/0x180
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604183]  prune_icache_sb+0x7e/0xb0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604186]  super_cache_scan+0x161/0x1e0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604189]  do_shrink_slab+0x146/0x290
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604191]  shrink_slab+0xac/0x2a0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604194]  ? __switch_to_asm+0x40/0x70
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604196]  shrink_node+0x16f/0x660
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604199]  balance_pgdat+0x2cf/0x5b0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604201]  kswapd+0x1dc/0x3a0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604204]  ? __schedule+0x217/0x710
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604206]  ? wait_woken+0x80/0x80
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604208]  ? balance_pgdat+0x5b0/0x5b0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604210]  kthread+0x118/0x130
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604212]  ?
> kthread_create_worker_on_cpu+0x70/0x70
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604214]  ret_from_fork+0x35/0x40
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604215] Modules linked in:
> nct6775 hwmon_vid rfkill ipv6 nf_defrag_ipv6 snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss
> fuse hid_generic usbhid hid i2c_dev snd_hda_codec_hdmi
> snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_codec_generic coretemp hwmon
> x86_pkg_temp_thermal intel_powerclamp i915 kvm_intel kvm irqbypass
> evdev crc32_pclmul serio_raw r8169 drm_kms_helper snd_hda_intel
> snd_intel_dspcfg realtek snd_hda_codec libphy snd_hwdep syscopyarea
> sysfillrect sysimgblt snd_hda_core fan fb_sys_fops thermal snd_pcm drm
> 8250 mei_me snd_timer drm_panel_orientation_quirks 8250_base
> serial_core intel_gtt video snd ehci_pci lpc_ich ehci_hcd mei agpgart
> soundcore button i2c_algo_bit i2c_i801 loop
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604237] ---[ end trace
> 6d45434b7eb1e097 ]---
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604240] RIP: 0010:clear_inode+0x75/0x80
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604241] Code: a8 20 74 2a a8
> 40 75 28 48 8b 83 28 01 00 00 48 8d 93 28 01 00 00 48 39 c2 75 17 48
> c7 83 98 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 5b c3 0f 0b <0f> 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f
> 0b 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 53 ba 48 02 00 00
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604242] RSP:
> 0000:ffffc9000048fb50 EFLAGS: 00010006
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604244] RAX: 0000000000000000
> RBX: ffff88808c5f9e38 RCX: 0000000000000000
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604245] RDX: 0000000000000001
> RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff88808c5f9fb8
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604246] RBP: ffff88808c5f9e38
> R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffc9000048fcd8
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604246] R10: 0000000000000000
> R11: 0000000000000520 R12: ffff88808c5f9fb0
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604247] R13: ffff88820f14d000
> R14: ffff88820f14d070 R15: 0000000000000122
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604249] FS:
> 0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff888217700000(0000)
> knlGS:0000000000000000
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604250] CS:  0010 DS: 0000
> ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> May 20 05:06:25 supernova kernel: [16312.604251] CR2: 00007f7849e58000
> CR3: 000000001e676006 CR4: 00000000001606e0
> 
> --
> nirinA
> 


-- 
~Randy
Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
  2020-08-04 11:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
@ 2020-08-04 15:01     ` nirinA raseliarison
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: nirinA raseliarison @ 2020-08-04 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox; +Cc: Jan Kara, Alexander Viro, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

hello,

# CONFIG_READ_ONLY_THP_FOR_FS is not set



Le mar. 4 août 2020 à 14:39, Matthew Wilcox <willy@infradead.org> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 01:19:13PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Wed 27-05-20 21:05:55, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> > > i hit again this bug with:
> > >
> > > $ cat /proc/version
> > > Linux version 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc version
> > > 10.1.0 (GCC), GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 25
> > > 02:49:28 EAT 2020
> >
> > Thanks for report! I see this didn't get any reply. Can you still hit this
> > issue with 5.8? If yes, what workload do you run on the machine to trigger
> > this? Can you send contents of /proc/mounts please? Thanks!
>
> Also, do you have CONFIG_READ_ONLY_THP_FOR_FS set?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
  2020-08-04 11:19 ` Jan Kara
  2020-08-04 11:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
@ 2020-08-04 14:59   ` nirinA raseliarison
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: nirinA raseliarison @ 2020-08-04 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kara; +Cc: Alexander Viro, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

hello!
no issue yet with 5.8:

Linux version 5.8.0.20200803 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc (GCC) 10.2.0,
GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon Aug 3 16:17:10 EAT 2020

it seems that the bug was triggered when i ran programs compiled
against gcc-9.3.0 under kernel build with gcc-10.1.0, but not sure if
that is the real problem. running the programs under the same compiler
doesn't exhibit the bug and since i rebuilt the programs with
gcc-10.1.0, i no longer hit the issue.

here is my /proc/mounts :

/dev/root / ext4 rw,relatime 0 0
devtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=3927496k,nr_inodes=981874,mode=755 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
cgroup_root /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,relatime,size=8192k,mode=755 0 0
cpuset /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset cgroup rw,relatime,cpuset 0 0
cpu /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
cpuacct /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
blkio /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio cgroup rw,relatime,blkio 0 0
memory /sys/fs/cgroup/memory cgroup rw,relatime,memory 0 0
devices /sys/fs/cgroup/devices cgroup rw,relatime,devices 0 0
freezer /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer cgroup rw,relatime,freezer 0 0
net_cls /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls cgroup rw,relatime,net_cls 0 0
perf_event /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event cgroup rw,relatime,perf_event 0 0
/dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3 ext4 rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda5 /usr/local ext4 rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda6 /mnt/big ext4 rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 ext4 rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755 0 0
nfsd /proc/fs/nfs nfsd rw,relatime 0 0
nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd nfsd rw,relatime 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
none /var/run/user/1000 tmpfs rw,relatime,size=102400k,mode=700,uid=1000 0 0
none /run/user/1000 tmpfs rw,relatime,size=102400k,mode=700,uid=1000 0 0
none /var/run/user/0 tmpfs rw,relatime,size=102400k,mode=700 0 0
none /run/user/0 tmpfs rw,relatime,size=102400k,mode=700 0 0
nirina:/mnt/sda6 /mnt/sda6 nfs
rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=262144,wsize=262144,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.100.2,mountvers=3,mountport=37772,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.100.2
0 0
nirina:/mnt/sda14 /mnt/sda14 nfs
rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=262144,wsize=262144,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.100.2,mountvers=3,mountport=37772,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.100.2
0 0
nirina:/mnt/sda15 /mnt/sda15 nfs
rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=262144,wsize=262144,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.100.2,mountvers=3,mountport=37772,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.100.2
0 0
nirina:/mnt/sda16 /mnt/sda16 nfs
rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=262144,wsize=262144,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.100.2,mountvers=3,mountport=37772,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.100.2
0 0


Le mar. 4 août 2020 à 14:19, Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz> a écrit :
>
> Hello!
>
> On Wed 27-05-20 21:05:55, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> > i hit again this bug with:
> >
> > $ cat /proc/version
> > Linux version 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc version
> > 10.1.0 (GCC), GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 25
> > 02:49:28 EAT 2020
>
> Thanks for report! I see this didn't get any reply. Can you still hit this
> issue with 5.8? If yes, what workload do you run on the machine to trigger
> this? Can you send contents of /proc/mounts please? Thanks!
>
>                                                                 Honza
>
> >
> >
> > [99390.044690] ------------[ cut here ]------------
> > [99390.044695] kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
> > [99390.044702] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP PTI
> > [99390.044705] CPU: 0 PID: 149 Comm: kswapd0 Not tainted 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 #1
> > [99390.044706] Hardware name: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by
> > O.E.M./ONDA H61V Ver:4.01, BIOS 4.6.5 01/07/2013
> > [99390.044712] RIP: 0010:clear_inode+0x75/0x80
> > [99390.044714] Code: a8 20 74 2a a8 40 75 28 48 8b 83 28 01 00 00 48
> > 8d 93 28 01 00 00 48 39 c2 75 17 48 c7 83 98 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 5b
> > c3 0f 0b <0f> 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 53 ba 48 02
> > 00 00
> > [99390.044716] RSP: 0018:ffffc900004c7b50 EFLAGS: 00010006
> > [99390.044717] RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff88808c5f9e38 RCX: 0000000000000000
> > [99390.044718] RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff88808c5f9fb8
> > [99390.044719] RBP: ffff88808c5f9e38 R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffc900004c7cd8
> > [99390.044720] R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: ffff88808c5f9fb0
> > [99390.044721] R13: ffff888215658000 R14: ffff888215658070 R15: 000000000000014c
> > [99390.044723] FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff888217600000(0000)
> > knlGS:0000000000000000
> > [99390.044724] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> > [99390.044725] CR2: 00000006f9004000 CR3: 00000001511da001 CR4: 00000000001606f0
> > [99390.044726] Call Trace:
> > [99390.044732]  ext4_clear_inode+0x16/0x80
> > [99390.044736]  ext4_evict_inode+0x58/0x4c0
> > [99390.044738]  evict+0xbf/0x180
> > [99390.044740]  prune_icache_sb+0x7e/0xb0
> > [99390.044743]  super_cache_scan+0x161/0x1e0
> > [99390.044746]  do_shrink_slab+0x146/0x290
> > [99390.044749]  shrink_slab+0xac/0x2a0
> > [99390.044752]  ? __switch_to_asm+0x40/0x70
> > [99390.044754]  shrink_node+0x16f/0x660
> > [99390.044757]  balance_pgdat+0x2cf/0x5b0
> > [99390.044759]  kswapd+0x1dc/0x3a0
> > [99390.044762]  ? __schedule+0x217/0x710
> > [99390.044764]  ? wait_woken+0x80/0x80
> > [99390.044766]  ? balance_pgdat+0x5b0/0x5b0
> > [99390.044768]  kthread+0x118/0x130
> > [99390.044770]  ? kthread_create_worker_on_cpu+0x70/0x70
> > [99390.044772]  ret_from_fork+0x35/0x40
> > [99390.044773] Modules linked in: 8021q garp stp mrp llc rtl8192cu
> > rtl_usb rtl8192c_common rtlwifi mac80211 cfg80211 uas usb_storage
> > nct6775 hwmon_vid ipv6 rfkill nf_defrag_ipv6 snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss
> > fuse hid_generic usbhid hid snd_hda_codec_hdmi snd_hda_codec_realtek
> > snd_hda_codec_generic i2c_dev coretemp hwmon i915 x86_pkg_temp_thermal
> > intel_powerclamp kvm_intel kvm i2c_algo_bit irqbypass drm_kms_helper
> > evdev r8169 snd_hda_intel syscopyarea snd_intel_dspcfg realtek
> > snd_hda_codec libphy crc32_pclmul sysfillrect serio_raw sysimgblt
> > snd_hwdep fb_sys_fops snd_hda_core drm snd_pcm fan thermal
> > drm_panel_orientation_quirks snd_timer intel_gtt 8250 agpgart snd
> > 8250_base ehci_pci serial_core button ehci_hcd video soundcore
> > i2c_i801 lpc_ich mfd_core mei_me mei loop
> > [99390.044800] ---[ end trace 2ca57858c52a0ad4 ]---
> >
> > --
> > nirinA
> --
> Jan Kara <jack@suse.com>
> SUSE Labs, CR

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
  2020-08-04 11:19 ` Jan Kara
@ 2020-08-04 11:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
  2020-08-04 15:01     ` nirinA raseliarison
  2020-08-04 14:59   ` nirinA raseliarison
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2020-08-04 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kara; +Cc: nirinA raseliarison, Alexander Viro, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 01:19:13PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> On Wed 27-05-20 21:05:55, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> > i hit again this bug with:
> > 
> > $ cat /proc/version
> > Linux version 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc version
> > 10.1.0 (GCC), GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 25
> > 02:49:28 EAT 2020
> 
> Thanks for report! I see this didn't get any reply. Can you still hit this
> issue with 5.8? If yes, what workload do you run on the machine to trigger
> this? Can you send contents of /proc/mounts please? Thanks!

Also, do you have CONFIG_READ_ONLY_THP_FOR_FS set?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
  2020-05-27 18:05 nirinA raseliarison
@ 2020-08-04 11:19 ` Jan Kara
  2020-08-04 11:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
  2020-08-04 14:59   ` nirinA raseliarison
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Jan Kara @ 2020-08-04 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirinA raseliarison; +Cc: Alexander Viro, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

Hello!

On Wed 27-05-20 21:05:55, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> i hit again this bug with:
> 
> $ cat /proc/version
> Linux version 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc version
> 10.1.0 (GCC), GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 25
> 02:49:28 EAT 2020

Thanks for report! I see this didn't get any reply. Can you still hit this
issue with 5.8? If yes, what workload do you run on the machine to trigger
this? Can you send contents of /proc/mounts please? Thanks!

								Honza

> 
> 
> [99390.044690] ------------[ cut here ]------------
> [99390.044695] kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
> [99390.044702] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP PTI
> [99390.044705] CPU: 0 PID: 149 Comm: kswapd0 Not tainted 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 #1
> [99390.044706] Hardware name: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by
> O.E.M./ONDA H61V Ver:4.01, BIOS 4.6.5 01/07/2013
> [99390.044712] RIP: 0010:clear_inode+0x75/0x80
> [99390.044714] Code: a8 20 74 2a a8 40 75 28 48 8b 83 28 01 00 00 48
> 8d 93 28 01 00 00 48 39 c2 75 17 48 c7 83 98 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 5b
> c3 0f 0b <0f> 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 53 ba 48 02
> 00 00
> [99390.044716] RSP: 0018:ffffc900004c7b50 EFLAGS: 00010006
> [99390.044717] RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff88808c5f9e38 RCX: 0000000000000000
> [99390.044718] RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff88808c5f9fb8
> [99390.044719] RBP: ffff88808c5f9e38 R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffc900004c7cd8
> [99390.044720] R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: ffff88808c5f9fb0
> [99390.044721] R13: ffff888215658000 R14: ffff888215658070 R15: 000000000000014c
> [99390.044723] FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff888217600000(0000)
> knlGS:0000000000000000
> [99390.044724] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> [99390.044725] CR2: 00000006f9004000 CR3: 00000001511da001 CR4: 00000000001606f0
> [99390.044726] Call Trace:
> [99390.044732]  ext4_clear_inode+0x16/0x80
> [99390.044736]  ext4_evict_inode+0x58/0x4c0
> [99390.044738]  evict+0xbf/0x180
> [99390.044740]  prune_icache_sb+0x7e/0xb0
> [99390.044743]  super_cache_scan+0x161/0x1e0
> [99390.044746]  do_shrink_slab+0x146/0x290
> [99390.044749]  shrink_slab+0xac/0x2a0
> [99390.044752]  ? __switch_to_asm+0x40/0x70
> [99390.044754]  shrink_node+0x16f/0x660
> [99390.044757]  balance_pgdat+0x2cf/0x5b0
> [99390.044759]  kswapd+0x1dc/0x3a0
> [99390.044762]  ? __schedule+0x217/0x710
> [99390.044764]  ? wait_woken+0x80/0x80
> [99390.044766]  ? balance_pgdat+0x5b0/0x5b0
> [99390.044768]  kthread+0x118/0x130
> [99390.044770]  ? kthread_create_worker_on_cpu+0x70/0x70
> [99390.044772]  ret_from_fork+0x35/0x40
> [99390.044773] Modules linked in: 8021q garp stp mrp llc rtl8192cu
> rtl_usb rtl8192c_common rtlwifi mac80211 cfg80211 uas usb_storage
> nct6775 hwmon_vid ipv6 rfkill nf_defrag_ipv6 snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss
> fuse hid_generic usbhid hid snd_hda_codec_hdmi snd_hda_codec_realtek
> snd_hda_codec_generic i2c_dev coretemp hwmon i915 x86_pkg_temp_thermal
> intel_powerclamp kvm_intel kvm i2c_algo_bit irqbypass drm_kms_helper
> evdev r8169 snd_hda_intel syscopyarea snd_intel_dspcfg realtek
> snd_hda_codec libphy crc32_pclmul sysfillrect serio_raw sysimgblt
> snd_hwdep fb_sys_fops snd_hda_core drm snd_pcm fan thermal
> drm_panel_orientation_quirks snd_timer intel_gtt 8250 agpgart snd
> 8250_base ehci_pci serial_core button ehci_hcd video soundcore
> i2c_i801 lpc_ich mfd_core mei_me mei loop
> [99390.044800] ---[ end trace 2ca57858c52a0ad4 ]---
> 
> --
> nirinA
-- 
Jan Kara <jack@suse.com>
SUSE Labs, CR

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
@ 2020-05-27 18:05 nirinA raseliarison
  2020-08-04 11:19 ` Jan Kara
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: nirinA raseliarison @ 2020-05-27 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Viro; +Cc: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

hello,
i hit again this bug with:

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 (nirina@supernova.org) (gcc version
10.1.0 (GCC), GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 25
02:49:28 EAT 2020


[99390.044690] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[99390.044695] kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531!
[99390.044702] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP PTI
[99390.044705] CPU: 0 PID: 149 Comm: kswapd0 Not tainted 5.7.0-rc7.20200525 #1
[99390.044706] Hardware name: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by
O.E.M./ONDA H61V Ver:4.01, BIOS 4.6.5 01/07/2013
[99390.044712] RIP: 0010:clear_inode+0x75/0x80
[99390.044714] Code: a8 20 74 2a a8 40 75 28 48 8b 83 28 01 00 00 48
8d 93 28 01 00 00 48 39 c2 75 17 48 c7 83 98 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 5b
c3 0f 0b <0f> 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 0f 0b 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 53 ba 48 02
00 00
[99390.044716] RSP: 0018:ffffc900004c7b50 EFLAGS: 00010006
[99390.044717] RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff88808c5f9e38 RCX: 0000000000000000
[99390.044718] RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff88808c5f9fb8
[99390.044719] RBP: ffff88808c5f9e38 R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffc900004c7cd8
[99390.044720] R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: ffff88808c5f9fb0
[99390.044721] R13: ffff888215658000 R14: ffff888215658070 R15: 000000000000014c
[99390.044723] FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff888217600000(0000)
knlGS:0000000000000000
[99390.044724] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
[99390.044725] CR2: 00000006f9004000 CR3: 00000001511da001 CR4: 00000000001606f0
[99390.044726] Call Trace:
[99390.044732]  ext4_clear_inode+0x16/0x80
[99390.044736]  ext4_evict_inode+0x58/0x4c0
[99390.044738]  evict+0xbf/0x180
[99390.044740]  prune_icache_sb+0x7e/0xb0
[99390.044743]  super_cache_scan+0x161/0x1e0
[99390.044746]  do_shrink_slab+0x146/0x290
[99390.044749]  shrink_slab+0xac/0x2a0
[99390.044752]  ? __switch_to_asm+0x40/0x70
[99390.044754]  shrink_node+0x16f/0x660
[99390.044757]  balance_pgdat+0x2cf/0x5b0
[99390.044759]  kswapd+0x1dc/0x3a0
[99390.044762]  ? __schedule+0x217/0x710
[99390.044764]  ? wait_woken+0x80/0x80
[99390.044766]  ? balance_pgdat+0x5b0/0x5b0
[99390.044768]  kthread+0x118/0x130
[99390.044770]  ? kthread_create_worker_on_cpu+0x70/0x70
[99390.044772]  ret_from_fork+0x35/0x40
[99390.044773] Modules linked in: 8021q garp stp mrp llc rtl8192cu
rtl_usb rtl8192c_common rtlwifi mac80211 cfg80211 uas usb_storage
nct6775 hwmon_vid ipv6 rfkill nf_defrag_ipv6 snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss
fuse hid_generic usbhid hid snd_hda_codec_hdmi snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_codec_generic i2c_dev coretemp hwmon i915 x86_pkg_temp_thermal
intel_powerclamp kvm_intel kvm i2c_algo_bit irqbypass drm_kms_helper
evdev r8169 snd_hda_intel syscopyarea snd_intel_dspcfg realtek
snd_hda_codec libphy crc32_pclmul sysfillrect serio_raw sysimgblt
snd_hwdep fb_sys_fops snd_hda_core drm snd_pcm fan thermal
drm_panel_orientation_quirks snd_timer intel_gtt 8250 agpgart snd
8250_base ehci_pci serial_core button ehci_hcd video soundcore
i2c_i801 lpc_ich mfd_core mei_me mei loop
[99390.044800] ---[ end trace 2ca57858c52a0ad4 ]---

--
nirinA

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-08-04 15:04 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <CANsGL8Mb31NWVSgj=B2fNtT3x4oYm3tDKYZxpBCKfNC9ROLcGA@mail.gmail.com>
2020-05-20 16:39 ` kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:531! Randy Dunlap
2020-05-27 18:05 nirinA raseliarison
2020-08-04 11:19 ` Jan Kara
2020-08-04 11:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
2020-08-04 15:01     ` nirinA raseliarison
2020-08-04 14:59   ` nirinA raseliarison

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).