LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [PATCH -mm 0/5][AIO] - AIO completion signal notification v5
@ 2007-01-17 9:54 Sébastien Dugué
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Sébastien Dugué @ 2007-01-17 9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-aio, Bharata B Rao, Christoph Hellwig,
Suparna Bhattacharya, Ulrich Drepper, Zach Brown,
Jean Pierre Dion, Badari Pulavarty
Andrew, would you consider including this patchset in -mm for some more
testing. At least patches 1 - 4.
Patch 5 is the new listio syscall approach from Bharata B Rao which is much
cleaner than overloading sys_io_submit() with a new opcode but maybe needs some
more discussion before being engraved in stone.
I'm thinking here of having the capability to be notified when m requests
have completed (m <= total_number_of_submitted_requests) as suggested by Ulrich
Ulrich, is this still something you want? In which case we may need to add
another argument to sys_lio_submit().
This set consists in 5 patches:
1. rework-compat-sys-io-submit: cleanup the sys_io_submit() compat layer,
making it more efficient and laying out the base for the following patches
2. aio-header-fix-includes: fixes the double inclusion of uio.h in aio.h
3. export-good_sigevent: move good_sigevent into signal.c and make it
4. aio-notify-sig: the AIO completion signal notification
5. listio: adds listio support
Description are in the individual patches.
Changes from v4:
No comments received for v4, so it must be perfect ;-)
replaced the IOCB_CMD_GROUP listio implementation with Bharata's
syscall approach which I find much cleaner.
Changes from v3:
All changes following comments from Zach Brown and Christoph Hellwig
- added justification for the compat_sys_io_submit() cleanup
- more cleanups in compat_sys_io_submit() to put it in line with
- Changed "Export good_sigevent()" patch name to "Make good_sigevent()
non-static" to better describe what it does.=20
- Reworked good_sigevent() to make it more readable.
- Simplified the use of the SIGEV_* constants in signal notification
- Take a reference on the target task both for the SIGEV_THREAD_ID and
Changes from v2:
- rebased to 2.6.19-rc6-mm2
- reworked the sys_io_submit() compat layer as suggested by Zach Brown
- fixed saving of a pointer to a task struct in aio-notify-sig as
pointed out by Andrew Morton
Changes from v1:
- cleanups suggested by Christoph Hellwig, Badari Pulavarty and
- added listio patch
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-01-17 9:58 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2007-01-17 9:54 [PATCH -mm 0/5][AIO] - AIO completion signal notification v5 Sébastien Dugué
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).