LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre24
@ 2007-11-13 20:20 Mathieu Desnoyers
  2007-11-13 20:49 ` LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre25 Mathieu Desnoyers
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2007-11-13 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig

Hi,

I have seen a few threads about unfixed kernel regression lately. I
strongly believe that many kernel developers and users could help
pinpointing the cause of those bugs much more efficiently by using a
tool like LTTng.

If you want to find the code I just released (both for -mm inclusion and
as a RFC) tied up in a single tarball, you will find the patchset at the
beginning of the LTTng series file there :

http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre24.tar.bz2

This LTTng "pre" version can be used with the following userspace packages :
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/ltt-control-0.46-06112007.tar.gz
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/packages/lttv-0.10.0-pre2-07112007.tar.gz

Mathieu

-- 
Mathieu Desnoyers
Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre25
  2007-11-13 20:20 LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre24 Mathieu Desnoyers
@ 2007-11-13 20:49 ` Mathieu Desnoyers
  2007-11-14 22:38   ` LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre26 Mathieu Desnoyers
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2007-11-13 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig, H. Peter Anvin

* Mathieu Desnoyers (mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca) wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have seen a few threads about unfixed kernel regression lately. I
> strongly believe that many kernel developers and users could help
> pinpointing the cause of those bugs much more efficiently by using a
> tool like LTTng.
> 
> If you want to find the code I just released (both for -mm inclusion and
> as a RFC) tied up in a single tarball, you will find the patchset at the
> beginning of the LTTng series file there :
> 
> http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre24.tar.bz2
> 

Newer version available, includes the fixes resulting from Peter Anvin's
comments about immediate values :

http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre25.tar.bz2

Mathieu

> This LTTng "pre" version can be used with the following userspace packages :
> http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/ltt-control-0.46-06112007.tar.gz
> http://ltt.polymtl.ca/packages/lttv-0.10.0-pre2-07112007.tar.gz
> 
> Mathieu
> 
> -- 
> Mathieu Desnoyers
> Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
> OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/
> 

-- 
Mathieu Desnoyers
Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre26
  2007-11-13 20:49 ` LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre25 Mathieu Desnoyers
@ 2007-11-14 22:38   ` Mathieu Desnoyers
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2007-11-14 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig, H. Peter Anvin, Sam Ravnborg

* Mathieu Desnoyers (mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca) wrote:
> * Mathieu Desnoyers (mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca) wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I have seen a few threads about unfixed kernel regression lately. I
> > strongly believe that many kernel developers and users could help
> > pinpointing the cause of those bugs much more efficiently by using a
> > tool like LTTng.
> > 
> > If you want to find the code I just released (both for -mm inclusion and
> > as a RFC) tied up in a single tarball, you will find the patchset at the
> > beginning of the LTTng series file there :
> > 
> > http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre24.tar.bz2
> > 
> 
> Newer version available, includes the fixes resulting from Peter Anvin's
> comments about immediate values :
> 
> http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre25.tar.bz2
>

The pre26 version :

http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/patch-2.6.24-rc2-git3-lttng-0.10-pre26.tar.bz2

Contains the latest modifications resulting from Peter Anvin's comments
on the immediate values and Sam Ravnborg's instrumentation menu
comments.

Mathieu


> Mathieu
> 
> > This LTTng "pre" version can be used with the following userspace packages :
> > http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng/ltt-control-0.46-06112007.tar.gz
> > http://ltt.polymtl.ca/packages/lttv-0.10.0-pre2-07112007.tar.gz
> > 
> > Mathieu
> > 
> > -- 
> > Mathieu Desnoyers
> > Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
> > OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68
> > -
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> > More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> > Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/
> > 
> 
> -- 
> Mathieu Desnoyers
> Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
> OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68

-- 
Mathieu Desnoyers
Computer Engineering Ph.D. Student, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2007-11-14 22:39 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2007-11-13 20:20 LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre24 Mathieu Desnoyers
2007-11-13 20:49 ` LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre25 Mathieu Desnoyers
2007-11-14 22:38   ` LTTng (Linux kernel tracer) tarball, 0.10.0-pre26 Mathieu Desnoyers

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).