LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Why do I have a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle under kernel 2.6.24 with a Pentium M processor ?
@ 2008-01-31 13:00 Toralf Förster
  2008-02-05 10:16 ` Andrew Morton
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Toralf Förster @ 2008-01-31 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2914 bytes --]

I'm asking b/c this confuses the current sysstat up to version 8.0.4. An

$ ls -lR /sys/devices/system/cpu/

gives :

/sys/devices/system/cpu/:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpu0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpuidle

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpufreq
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpuidle

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq:
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 affected_cpus
-r-------- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_cur_freq
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_max_freq
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_min_freq
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 Jan 30 09:36 ondemand
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_available_frequencies
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_available_governors
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_cur_freq
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_driver
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_governor
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_max_freq
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_min_freq

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand:
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Jan 30 09:36 ignore_nice_load
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 powersave_bias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate_max
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate_min
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 up_threshold

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state2

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state0:
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state1:
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state2:
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle:
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 current_driver
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 current_governor_ro

-- 
MfG/Sincerely

Toralf Förster
pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3

[-- Attachment #2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 189 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Why do I have a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle under kernel 2.6.24 with a Pentium M processor ?
  2008-01-31 13:00 Why do I have a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle under kernel 2.6.24 with a Pentium M processor ? Toralf Förster
@ 2008-02-05 10:16 ` Andrew Morton
  2008-02-05 14:38   ` Toralf Förster
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Morton @ 2008-02-05 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toralf Förster; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-acpi, Shaohua Li

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:00:14 +0100 Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@gmx.de> wrote:

(suitable cc's added)

> I'm asking b/c this confuses the current sysstat up to version 8.0.4. An

That would be bad.  Please define "confuses"?

> $ ls -lR /sys/devices/system/cpu/
> 
> gives :
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/:
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpu0
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpuidle
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0:
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpufreq
> drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpuidle
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq:
> total 0
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 affected_cpus
> -r-------- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_cur_freq
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_max_freq
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 cpuinfo_min_freq
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 Jan 30 09:36 ondemand
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_available_frequencies
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_available_governors
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_cur_freq
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_driver
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_governor
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_max_freq
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 scaling_min_freq
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand:
> total 0
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Jan 30 09:36 ignore_nice_load
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 powersave_bias
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate_max
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 sampling_rate_min
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 up_threshold
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle:
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state0
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state1
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 state2
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state0:
> total 0
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state1:
> total 0
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state2:
> total 0
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 latency
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 name
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 power
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 time
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 usage
> 
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle:
> total 0
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 current_driver
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 09:36 current_governor_ro
> 
> -- 
> MfG/Sincerely
> 
> Toralf Förster
> pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Why do I have a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle under kernel 2.6.24 with a Pentium M processor ?
  2008-02-05 10:16 ` Andrew Morton
@ 2008-02-05 14:38   ` Toralf Förster
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Toralf Förster @ 2008-02-05 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-acpi, Shaohua Li, Sebastien Godard

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 855 bytes --]

At Tuesday 05 February 2008 Andrew Morton wrote :
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:00:14 +0100 Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@gmx.de> wrote:
> 
> (suitable cc's added)
> 
> > I'm asking b/c this confuses the current sysstat up to version 8.0.4. An
> 
> That would be bad.  Please define "confuses"?
> 
> > $ ls -lR /sys/devices/system/cpu/
> > 
> > gives :
> > 
> > /sys/devices/system/cpu/:
> > total 0
> > drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpu0
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 30 09:36 cpuidle
> > 

The sysstat reports 2 CPUs : cpu0 contains the expected data, cpu1 has zeros.

I tested succesfulyl version 8.0.4.1 sent by Sebastien Godard which solved this
issue, but that version seems not to be released until today.


-- 
MfG/Sincerely

Toralf Förster
pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3

[-- Attachment #2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 189 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2008-02-05 14:38 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-01-31 13:00 Why do I have a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle under kernel 2.6.24 with a Pentium M processor ? Toralf Förster
2008-02-05 10:16 ` Andrew Morton
2008-02-05 14:38   ` Toralf Förster

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).