LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [PATCH 1/6] docbook: fix filesystems.tmpl source files
@ 2008-03-01 6:02 Randy Dunlap
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2008-03-01 6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: lkml; +Cc: akpm, torvalds
From: Randy Dunlap <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Fix docbook problems in filesystems.tmpl.
These cause the generated docbook to be incorrect.
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <email@example.com>
fs/buffer.c | 3 +--
fs/jbd/transaction.c | 17 +++++++++--------
fs/mpage.c | 11 +++--------
3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
@@ -325,16 +325,12 @@ confused:
- * mpage_readpages - populate an address space with some pages, and
- * start reads against them.
+ * mpage_readpages - populate an address space with some pages & start reads against them
* @mapping: the address_space
* @pages: The address of a list_head which contains the target pages. These
* pages have their ->index populated and are otherwise uninitialised.
* The page at @pages->prev has the lowest file offset, and reads should be
* issued in @pages->prev to @pages->next order.
* @nr_pages: The number of pages at *@pages
* @get_block: The filesystem's block mapper function.
@@ -360,6 +356,7 @@ confused:
* So an mpage read of the first 16 blocks of an ext2 file will cause I/O to be
* submitted in the following order:
* 12 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16
* because the indirect block has to be read to get the mappings of blocks
* 13,14,15,16. Obviously, this impacts performance.
@@ -656,9 +653,7 @@ out:
- * mpage_writepages - walk the list of dirty pages of the given
- * address space and writepage() all of them.
+ * mpage_writepages - walk the list of dirty pages of the given address space & writepage() all of them
* @mapping: address space structure to write
* @wbc: subtract the number of written pages from *@wbc->nr_to_write
* @get_block: the filesystem's block mapper function.
@@ -627,8 +627,7 @@ repeat:
- * sync_mapping_buffers - write out and wait upon a mapping's "associated"
- * buffers
+ * sync_mapping_buffers - write out & wait upon a mapping's "associated" buffers
* @mapping: the mapping which wants those buffers written
* Starts I/O against the buffers at mapping->private_list, and waits upon
@@ -369,7 +369,7 @@ out:
- * int journal_restart() - restart a handle .
+ * int journal_restart() - restart a handle.
* @handle: handle to restart
* @nblocks: nr credits requested
@@ -844,8 +844,7 @@ out:
- * int journal_get_undo_access() - Notify intent to modify metadata with
- * non-rewindable consequences
+ * int journal_get_undo_access() - Notify intent to modify metadata with non-rewindable consequences
* @handle: transaction
* @bh: buffer to undo
* @credits: store the number of taken credits here (if not NULL)
@@ -921,12 +920,14 @@ out:
- * int journal_dirty_data() - mark a buffer as containing dirty data which
- * needs to be flushed before we can commit the
- * current transaction.
+ * int journal_dirty_data() - mark a buffer as containing dirty data to be flushed
* @handle: transaction
* @bh: bufferhead to mark
+ * Description:
+ * Mark a buffer as containing dirty data which needs to be flushed before
+ * we can commit the current transaction.
* The buffer is placed on the transaction's data list and is marked as
* belonging to the transaction.
@@ -1098,11 +1099,11 @@ no_journal:
- * int journal_dirty_metadata() - mark a buffer as containing dirty metadata
+ * int journal_dirty_metadata() - mark a buffer as containing dirty metadata
* @handle: transaction to add buffer to.
* @bh: buffer to mark
- * mark dirty metadata which needs to be journaled as part of the current
+ * Mark dirty metadata which needs to be journaled as part of the current
* The buffer is placed on the transaction's metadata list and is marked
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-03-01 6:02 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-03-01 6:02 [PATCH 1/6] docbook: fix filesystems.tmpl source files Randy Dunlap
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).