LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [PATCH 2.6.20-rc5 0/4] futexes functionalities and improvements
@ 2007-01-17 8:59 Pierre Peiffer
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Pierre Peiffer @ 2007-01-17 8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: LKML; +Cc: Ingo Molnar, Ulrich Drepper, Jakub Jelinek, Jean-Pierre Dion
Today, there are several functionalities or improvements about futexes included
in -rt kernel tree, which, I think, it make sense to have in mainline.
Among them, there are:
* futex use prio list : allows RT-threads to be woken in priority order
instead of FIFO order.
* futex_wait use hrtimer : allows the use of finer timer resolution.
* futex_requeue_pi functionality : allows use of requeue optimization for
* futex64 syscall : allows use of 64-bit futexes instead of 32-bit.
The following mails provide the corresponding patches.
I re-send this series for kernel 2.6.20-rc5 with this small modifications:
- futex_use_prio_list patch stores now all non-real-time threads with the same
priority (MAX_RT_PRIO, which is a lower priority than real-time priorities),
causing them to be stored in FIFO order. RT-threads are still woken first in
- futex_requeue_pi: I've found (and corrected of course) a bug causing a
plist (patch 1/4) is still under discussion: I think it should be taken into
account, because it concerns a correctness issue with a very low cost as
drawback (I would even say "without noticeable cost" ;-) but that's my opinion
Anyway, I still can provide the same series without patch 1/4 if needed.
Comments and feedback are still welcome, as usual.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-01-17 9:00 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2007-01-17 8:59 [PATCH 2.6.20-rc5 0/4] futexes functionalities and improvements Pierre Peiffer
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).