LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [PATCH] Correct wrong function name of d_put in kernel document and source comment
@ 2008-10-31 3:18 Zhaolei
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Zhaolei @ 2008-10-31 3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: linux-kernel; +Cc: viro, mtk.manpages, rdunlap, linux-fsdevel, linux-doc
no function named d_put(), it should be dput().
Impact: fix document and comment, no functionality changed
Signed-off-by: Zhao Lei <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt | 2 +-
fs/dcache.c | 2 +-
2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt b/Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt
index c4d348d..e663178 100644
@@ -960,7 +960,7 @@ manipulate dentries:
d_lookup: look up a dentry given its parent and path name component
It looks up the child of that given name from the dcache
hash table. If it is found, the reference count is incremented
- and the dentry is returned. The caller must use d_put()
+ and the dentry is returned. The caller must use dput()
to free the dentry when it finishes using it.
For further information on dentry locking, please refer to the document
diff --git a/fs/dcache.c b/fs/dcache.c
index a1d86c7..db2bc6a 100644
@@ -1336,7 +1336,7 @@ err_out:
* Searches the children of the parent dentry for the name in question. If
* the dentry is found its reference count is incremented and the dentry
- * is returned. The caller must use d_put to free the entry when it has
+ * is returned. The caller must use dput to free the entry when it has
* finished using it. %NULL is returned on failure.
* __d_lookup is dcache_lock free. The hash list is protected using RCU.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-10-31 3:20 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-10-31 3:18 [PATCH] Correct wrong function name of d_put in kernel document and source comment Zhaolei
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).