LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [RELEASE] LTTng-analyses v0.1
@ 2015-02-04 16:06 Julien Desfossez
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Julien Desfossez @ 2015-02-04 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: lttng-dev; +Cc: diamon-discuss, linux-kernel
I am glad to announce the very first release of the lttng-analyses project !
This project is a collection of tools to extract metrics and
higher-level informations from LTTng kernel traces.
Here is a complete example that illustrates how to solve a real-world
problem with this project:
The workflow with these tools is different from the traditional
debugging/monitoring tools. We trace the whole system and then analyse
the trace offline. So the cost of analysing the trace is done outside of
production. The project benefits from the low overhead of LTTng to
mostly target hard to identify performance/latency problems.
Here is the list of the implemented analyses in this release:
- CPU usage per-process and system-wide
- Process CPU migration count
- Memory usage per-process and system-wide (as seen by the kernel)
- I/O usage (syscalls, disk, network)
- I/O operations log (with latency and usage)
- I/O latency statistics (aggregated open, read, write, sync operations)
- I/O latency frequency distribution
- Interrupt handler duration statistics (count, min, max, average stdev)
- Interrupt handler duration top
- Interrupt handler duration log
- Interrupt handler duration frequency distribution
- SoftIRQ handler latency statistics
- Syscalls usage statistics
We appreciate all kinds of feedback, use-cases and real-world
experiences, so please test it and let us know what you think about it.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed ideas, code, reviews and
funding on this project that started almost a year ago !
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-02-04 16:12 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2015-02-04 16:06 [RELEASE] LTTng-analyses v0.1 Julien Desfossez
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).