LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* New git server on kernel.org?
@ 2007-02-08 16:07 Josh Boyer
  2007-02-08 17:28 ` H. Peter Anvin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Josh Boyer @ 2007-02-08 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel Mailing List

Hi All,

Did the migration of the git stuff to a new dedicated server on
kernel.org ever happen?  IIRC, it was supposed to happen the 5th of
Feb. or so.

josh

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: New git server on kernel.org?
  2007-02-08 16:07 New git server on kernel.org? Josh Boyer
@ 2007-02-08 17:28 ` H. Peter Anvin
  2007-02-08 19:34   ` Heiko Carstens
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2007-02-08 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Boyer; +Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List

Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> Did the migration of the git stuff to a new dedicated server on
> kernel.org ever happen?  IIRC, it was supposed to happen the 5th of
> Feb. or so.
> 

It hasn't happened yet, no, and since the machine hasn't yet shipped 
out, it won't happen this week.

The perils of volunteer labor...

	-hpa

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: New git server on kernel.org?
  2007-02-08 17:28 ` H. Peter Anvin
@ 2007-02-08 19:34   ` Heiko Carstens
  2007-02-08 19:48     ` H. Peter Anvin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Heiko Carstens @ 2007-02-08 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: Josh Boyer, Linux Kernel Mailing List

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:28:24AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >Did the migration of the git stuff to a new dedicated server on
> >kernel.org ever happen?  IIRC, it was supposed to happen the 5th of
> >Feb. or so.
> 
> It hasn't happened yet, no, and since the machine hasn't yet shipped out, it won't happen this week.
> 
> The perils of volunteer labor...

Since yesterday I cannot pull anymore, did something change on kernel.org?

~/linux-2.6> git --version
git version 1.4.2.3
~/linux-2.6> git pull
fatal: unexpected EOF
Fetch failure: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

Using http gives me this:

~/linux-2.6> git pull
Fetching refs/heads/master from http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git using http
Getting alternates list for http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/
Getting pack list for http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/
Getting index for pack f85aaac154270f00327674d01ab0e065566bb3ef
Getting index for pack 4859093553596a353405b0dcf1e0f100216eb4ef
Getting index for pack c00b95c2df806a348994835728350de688418254
Getting index for pack cc4eb5a473f9370255a65e8e29ae6864f631ab1d
Getting index for pack b60c713bd5030f387a6a718edb43deff47f76012
Getting index for pack afa7a654204f6438c28f3b6a37d3c4728cf2bebf
Getting index for pack 323451164326e1d0170b52a437d070cba380a378
Getting pack 323451164326e1d0170b52a437d070cba380a378
 which contains 21d37bbc65e39a26856de6b14be371ff24e0d03f
error: Unable to get pack file http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git//objects/pack/pack-323451164326e1d0170b52a437d070cba380a378.pack
The requested URL returned error: 404
error: Unable to find 21d37bbc65e39a26856de6b14be371ff24e0d03f under http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/
Cannot obtain needed none 21d37bbc65e39a26856de6b14be371ff24e0d03f
while processing commit 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: New git server on kernel.org?
  2007-02-08 19:34   ` Heiko Carstens
@ 2007-02-08 19:48     ` H. Peter Anvin
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2007-02-08 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heiko Carstens; +Cc: Josh Boyer, Linux Kernel Mailing List

Heiko Carstens wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:28:24AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> Did the migration of the git stuff to a new dedicated server on
>>> kernel.org ever happen?  IIRC, it was supposed to happen the 5th of
>>> Feb. or so.
>> It hasn't happened yet, no, and since the machine hasn't yet shipped out, it won't happen this week.
>>
>> The perils of volunteer labor...
> 
> Since yesterday I cannot pull anymore, did something change on kernel.org?
> 
> ~/linux-2.6> git --version
> git version 1.4.2.3
> ~/linux-2.6> git pull
> fatal: unexpected EOF
> Fetch failure: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
> 

This *ONLY* happens with Linus' repository; as far as we can tell 
something got funky with Linus' repository on at least one of the 
servers.  I have restarted the rsync process which seems to have been 
stuck for a while.

	-hpa

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2007-02-08 19:48 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2007-02-08 16:07 New git server on kernel.org? Josh Boyer
2007-02-08 17:28 ` H. Peter Anvin
2007-02-08 19:34   ` Heiko Carstens
2007-02-08 19:48     ` H. Peter Anvin

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).