LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
@ 2011-01-21  5:36 Sedat Dilek
  2011-01-21  5:55 ` Andrew Morton
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2011-01-21  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton, Matthew Garrett; +Cc: DRI, intel-gfx, LKML, linux-next

( Original posting from [1] )

I have the backlight-type patchset for months in my patch-series (and
maintained them if necessary against daily linux-next).
Also the last series from 14-Jan-2011 (see 1-5 patch from [2] and the
following ones at dri-devel ML).

If you couldn't find the updated v2 radeon-backlight-type patch, here
the extract from my patch-series:
...
# Patch from <https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/491351/>
+ backlight-type/v2-drm-radeon-kms-Expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-LVDS-encoder.patch
...

I can only speak for the radeon(-KMS) part with
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y set and against linux-next: It worked,
it works.

I am a bit angry that someone of the "big 5" gets immediately an
answer where mine is ignored [3].
So dear Mr. AKPM, if you can standstill for a few moments to answer
only one of my questions, through which kernel-tree will this patchset
walk trough?
Thanks in advance.

- Sedat -

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-January/007378.html
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-January/007168.html
[3] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-January/007193.html

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-21  5:36 [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control Sedat Dilek
@ 2011-01-21  5:55 ` Andrew Morton
  2011-01-21  9:04   ` Sedat Dilek
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Morton @ 2011-01-21  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sedat.dilek
  Cc: Sedat Dilek, Matthew Garrett, DRI, intel-gfx, LKML, linux-next

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:36:54 +0100 Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com> wrote:

> ( Original posting from [1] )
> 
> I have the backlight-type patchset for months in my patch-series (and
> maintained them if necessary against daily linux-next).
> Also the last series from 14-Jan-2011 (see 1-5 patch from [2] and the
> following ones at dri-devel ML).
> 
> If you couldn't find the updated v2 radeon-backlight-type patch, here
> the extract from my patch-series:
> ...
> # Patch from <https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/491351/>
> + backlight-type/v2-drm-radeon-kms-Expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-LVDS-encoder.patch
> ...
> 
> I can only speak for the radeon(-KMS) part with
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y set and against linux-next: It worked,
> it works.
> 
> I am a bit angry that someone of the "big 5" gets immediately an
> answer where mine is ignored [3].

Well, who were they sent to?

If it was dri-devel then perhaps the people there felt it was
inappropriate to their tree, or they were all busy fixing
100000000000000 regressions.

If it was Richard then he's been distracted by other things for some
time, which is why I recently started handling backlight and leds
patches.

If it was me then kick me, but I don't think it was.

In general, if you think that patches aren't getting attention then let
me know and send them to me - harassing people for you is part of my
job description.

> So dear Mr. AKPM, if you can standstill for a few moments to answer
> only one of my questions, through which kernel-tree will this patchset
> walk trough?

leds and backlight patches are presently getting merged into my tree
and I'm sending them into Linus.  I make sure that Richard sees them
all and when he finds time he helps review them for us.

They should turn up in linux-next too - we're working on that.


This particular patch series is theoretically a bit late for 2.6.38,
but if anyone thinks that's a wrong decision, feel free to explain why.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-21  5:55 ` Andrew Morton
@ 2011-01-21  9:04   ` Sedat Dilek
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2011-01-21  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton; +Cc: Matthew Garrett, DRI, intel-gfx, LKML, linux-next

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:36:54 +0100 Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> ( Original posting from [1] )
>>
>> I have the backlight-type patchset for months in my patch-series (and
>> maintained them if necessary against daily linux-next).
>> Also the last series from 14-Jan-2011 (see 1-5 patch from [2] and the
>> following ones at dri-devel ML).
>>
>> If you couldn't find the updated v2 radeon-backlight-type patch, here
>> the extract from my patch-series:
>> ...
>> # Patch from <https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/491351/>
>> + backlight-type/v2-drm-radeon-kms-Expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-LVDS-encoder.patch
>> ...
>>
>> I can only speak for the radeon(-KMS) part with
>> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y set and against linux-next: It worked,
>> it works.
>>
>> I am a bit angry that someone of the "big 5" gets immediately an
>> answer where mine is ignored [3].
>
> Well, who were they sent to?
>
> If it was dri-devel then perhaps the people there felt it was
> inappropriate to their tree, or they were all busy fixing
> 100000000000000 regressions.
>
> If it was Richard then he's been distracted by other things for some
> time, which is why I recently started handling backlight and leds
> patches.
>
> If it was me then kick me, but I don't think it was.
>
> In general, if you think that patches aren't getting attention then let
> me know and send them to me - harassing people for you is part of my
> job description.
>
>> So dear Mr. AKPM, if you can standstill for a few moments to answer
>> only one of my questions, through which kernel-tree will this patchset
>> walk trough?
>
> leds and backlight patches are presently getting merged into my tree
> and I'm sending them into Linus.  I make sure that Richard sees them
> all and when he finds time he helps review them for us.
>
> They should turn up in linux-next too - we're working on that.
>
>
> This particular patch series is theoretically a bit late for 2.6.38,
> but if anyone thinks that's a wrong decision, feel free to explain why.
>
>

Short answer:
No need to kick anybody.
As I said I am using the patchset for a long time, so I am just fine
seeing them in 2.6.38.
( Feel free to add a Tested-by... to all five patches. )

- Sedat -

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-23  4:45               ` Ali Gholami Rudi
@ 2011-01-23  4:56                 ` Matthew Garrett
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Garrett @ 2011-01-23  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Gholami Rudi
  Cc: Andrew Morton, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi, rpurdie

Well, that's odd. I'll look into it this week.

-- 
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-21  4:57             ` Matthew Garrett
@ 2011-01-23  4:45               ` Ali Gholami Rudi
  2011-01-23  4:56                 ` Matthew Garrett
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Ali Gholami Rudi @ 2011-01-23  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Garrett
  Cc: Andrew Morton, Ali Gholami Rudi, intel-gfx, linux-kernel,
	dri-devel, linux-acpi, rpurdie

Hi,

Now I'm getting this in my dmesg (1/5 and 2/5 still applied to -rc1):

	ACPI: thermal control disabled
	Non-volatile memory driver v1.3
	Linux agpgart interface v0.103
	agpgart-intel 0000:00:00.0: Intel 965GME/GLE Chipset
	agpgart-intel 0000:00:00.0: detected gtt size: 524288K total, 262144K mappable
	agpgart-intel 0000:00:00.0: detected 8192K stolen memory
	agpgart-intel 0000:00:00.0: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xd0000000
	[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
	i915 0000:00:02.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
	i915 0000:00:02.0: setting latency timer to 64
	ioremap error for 0x3f7c5000-0x3f7c8000, requested 0x10, got 0x0
	i915 0000:00:02.0: irq 42 for MSI/MSI-X
	[drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 1 (10.10.2010).
	[drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
	ACPI: Deprecated procfs I/F for battery is loaded, please retry with CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER cleared
	ACPI: Battery Slot [C245] (battery present)
	------------[ cut here ]------------
	WARNING: at fs/sysfs/dir.c:455 sysfs_add_one+0x6e/0x83()
	Hardware name: Compaq 610
	sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-LVDS-1/intel_backlight'
	Modules linked in:
	Pid: 1, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.38-rc1+ #47
	Call Trace:
	 [<c1026828>] ? warn_slowpath_common+0x65/0x7a
	 [<c10b9404>] ? sysfs_add_one+0x6e/0x83
	 [<c10268a1>] ? warn_slowpath_fmt+0x26/0x2a
	 [<c10b9404>] ? sysfs_add_one+0x6e/0x83
	 [<c10b9b6d>] ? create_dir+0x56/0x89
	 [<c10b9c1f>] ? sysfs_create_dir+0x7f/0x94
	 [<c1111b14>] ? kobject_add_internal+0xab/0x15a
	 [<c1111c74>] ? kobject_add_varg+0x31/0x3d
	 [<c1111cea>] ? kobject_add+0x43/0x49
	 [<c11c1e14>] ? device_add+0x8f/0x4c0
	 [<c101dd19>] ? complete_all+0x35/0x3f
	 [<c11c7983>] ? device_pm_init+0x26/0x37
	 [<c11c2257>] ? device_register+0x12/0x15
	 [<c11354a1>] ? backlight_device_register+0xe4/0x133
	 [<c11b141a>] ? intel_panel_setup_backlight+0x58/0xa1
	 [<c11a74b1>] ? intel_modeset_init+0xa46/0xbca
	 [<c119297c>] ? i915_driver_load+0xab5/0xc0c
	 [<c1189140>] ? drm_get_pci_dev+0x130/0x20f
	 [<c12e3c47>] ? i915_pci_probe+0xd/0xf
	 [<c1122356>] ? local_pci_probe+0xe/0x10
	 [<c11229a4>] ? pci_device_probe+0x43/0x66
	 [<c11c3b43>] ? driver_probe_device+0x81/0xfd
	 [<c11c3c02>] ? __driver_attach+0x43/0x5f
	 [<c11c3533>] ? bus_for_each_dev+0x3d/0x67
	 [<c11c39fb>] ? driver_attach+0x14/0x16
	 [<c11c3bbf>] ? __driver_attach+0x0/0x5f
	 [<c11c2fc6>] ? bus_add_driver+0x9d/0x1cd
	 [<c11c3e2f>] ? driver_register+0x79/0xe0
	 [<c1122b69>] ? __pci_register_driver+0x38/0x95
	 [<c118924c>] ? drm_pci_init+0x2d/0x85
	 [<c11836b7>] ? drm_init+0x4c/0x4e
	 [<c14df3de>] ? i915_init+0x67/0x69
	 [<c100115e>] ? do_one_initcall+0x71/0x113
	 [<c14df377>] ? i915_init+0x0/0x69
	 [<c14c530a>] ? kernel_init+0x109/0x185
	 [<c14c5201>] ? kernel_init+0x0/0x185
	 [<c1002cb6>] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x6/0x10
	---[ end trace a1a080aaf8d35408 ]---
	kobject_add_internal failed for intel_backlight with -EEXIST, don't try to register things with the same name in the same directory.
	Pid: 1, comm: swapper Tainted: G        W   2.6.38-rc1+ #47
	Call Trace:
	 [<c1111b7a>] ? kobject_add_internal+0x111/0x15a
	 [<c1111b9b>] ? kobject_add_internal+0x132/0x15a
	 [<c1111c74>] ? kobject_add_varg+0x31/0x3d
	 [<c1111cea>] ? kobject_add+0x43/0x49
	 [<c11c1e14>] ? device_add+0x8f/0x4c0
	 [<c101dd19>] ? complete_all+0x35/0x3f
	 [<c11c7983>] ? device_pm_init+0x26/0x37
	 [<c11c2257>] ? device_register+0x12/0x15
	 [<c11354a1>] ? backlight_device_register+0xe4/0x133
	 [<c11b141a>] ? intel_panel_setup_backlight+0x58/0xa1
	 [<c11a74b1>] ? intel_modeset_init+0xa46/0xbca
	 [<c119297c>] ? i915_driver_load+0xab5/0xc0c
	 [<c1189140>] ? drm_get_pci_dev+0x130/0x20f
	 [<c12e3c47>] ? i915_pci_probe+0xd/0xf
	 [<c1122356>] ? local_pci_probe+0xe/0x10
	 [<c11229a4>] ? pci_device_probe+0x43/0x66
	 [<c11c3b43>] ? driver_probe_device+0x81/0xfd
	 [<c11c3c02>] ? __driver_attach+0x43/0x5f
	 [<c11c3533>] ? bus_for_each_dev+0x3d/0x67
	 [<c11c39fb>] ? driver_attach+0x14/0x16
	 [<c11c3bbf>] ? __driver_attach+0x0/0x5f
	 [<c11c2fc6>] ? bus_add_driver+0x9d/0x1cd
	 [<c11c3e2f>] ? driver_register+0x79/0xe0
	 [<c1122b69>] ? __pci_register_driver+0x38/0x95
	 [<c118924c>] ? drm_pci_init+0x2d/0x85
	 [<c11836b7>] ? drm_init+0x4c/0x4e
	 [<c14df3de>] ? i915_init+0x67/0x69
	 [<c100115e>] ? do_one_initcall+0x71/0x113
	 [<c14df377>] ? i915_init+0x0/0x69
	 [<c14c530a>] ? kernel_init+0x109/0x185
	 [<c14c5201>] ? kernel_init+0x0/0x185
	 [<c1002cb6>] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x6/0x10
	[drm:intel_panel_setup_backlight] *ERROR* Failed to register backlight: -17
	vgaarb: device changed decodes: PCI:0000:00:02.0,olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem
	[drm] initialized overlay support
	Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
	fb0: inteldrmfb frame buffer device
	drm: registered panic notifier
	[drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730 for 0000:00:02.0 on minor 0

Thanks,
Ali


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-21  1:03           ` Andrew Morton
@ 2011-01-21  4:57             ` Matthew Garrett
  2011-01-23  4:45               ` Ali Gholami Rudi
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Garrett @ 2011-01-21  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton
  Cc: Ali Gholami Rudi, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi,
	rpurdie

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 05:03:37PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I updated the new drivers/video/backlight/adp5520_bl.c, but there's a
> decent chance that unconverted drivers will sneak in.  I trust they
> will still work OK?

They should fire a warning on registration but otherwise work. I'll send 
fixup patches for any I see.

-- 
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-21  0:43         ` Matthew Garrett
@ 2011-01-21  1:03           ` Andrew Morton
  2011-01-21  4:57             ` Matthew Garrett
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Morton @ 2011-01-21  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Garrett
  Cc: Ali Gholami Rudi, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi,
	rpurdie

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:43:59 +0000
Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:13:49PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:43:46 +0330
> > Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 
> > > Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > I tried to apply this patch but I get:
> > > > 
> > > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c: In function 'intel_panel_setup_backlight':
> > > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'struct backlight_properties' has no member named 'type'
> > > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'BACKLIGHT_RAW' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > > 
> > > After applying patch 1/5, the patch applied cleanly.
> > > Now I can change the brightness using
> > > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness.
> > > So it does fix my issue.
> > > 
> > 
> > So we have a patch ordering issue and the
> > radeon-expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-lvds-encoder.patch
> > build error.
> 
> He applied 2/5, it didn't build, he applied 1/5 and it built? I don't 
> think that's a patch ordering issue :)

What, you expect reading skills?

> I think Michel's patch should fix the Radeon one. If not, can you drop 
> that and keep the rest of the set? I'm travelling at the moment and 
> won't have proper build access until the weekend.

OK, I resurrected everything.

I updated the new drivers/video/backlight/adp5520_bl.c, but there's a
decent chance that unconverted drivers will sneak in.  I trust they
will still work OK?


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-20 23:13       ` Andrew Morton
@ 2011-01-21  0:43         ` Matthew Garrett
  2011-01-21  1:03           ` Andrew Morton
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Garrett @ 2011-01-21  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton
  Cc: Ali Gholami Rudi, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi,
	rpurdie

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:13:49PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:43:46 +0330
> Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> > Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I tried to apply this patch but I get:
> > > 
> > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c: In function 'intel_panel_setup_backlight':
> > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'struct backlight_properties' has no member named 'type'
> > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'BACKLIGHT_RAW' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > 
> > After applying patch 1/5, the patch applied cleanly.
> > Now I can change the brightness using
> > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness.
> > So it does fix my issue.
> > 
> 
> So we have a patch ordering issue and the
> radeon-expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-lvds-encoder.patch
> build error.

He applied 2/5, it didn't build, he applied 1/5 and it built? I don't 
think that's a patch ordering issue :)

I think Michel's patch should fix the Radeon one. If not, can you drop 
that and keep the rest of the set? I'm travelling at the moment and 
won't have proper build access until the weekend.

-- 
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
       [not found]     ` <20112101004346@lilem.mirepesht>
@ 2011-01-20 23:13       ` Andrew Morton
  2011-01-21  0:43         ` Matthew Garrett
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Morton @ 2011-01-20 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Gholami Rudi
  Cc: Matthew Garrett, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi, rpurdie

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:43:46 +0330
Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried to apply this patch but I get:
> > 
> > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c: In function 'intel_panel_setup_backlight':
> > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'struct backlight_properties' has no member named 'type'
> > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'BACKLIGHT_RAW' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > 	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: for each function it appears in.)
> 
> After applying patch 1/5, the patch applied cleanly.
> Now I can change the brightness using
> /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness.
> So it does fix my issue.
> 

So we have a patch ordering issue and the
radeon-expose-backlight-class-device-for-legacy-lvds-encoder.patch
build error.

Matthew, I'll drop 'em all for now.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control
  2011-01-14 19:24 ` [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control Matthew Garrett
@ 2011-01-20 20:30   ` Ali Gholami Rudi
       [not found]     ` <20112101004346@lilem.mirepesht>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Ali Gholami Rudi @ 2011-01-20 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Garrett
  Cc: akpm, intel-gfx, linux-kernel, dri-devel, linux-acpi, rpurdie

Hi,

Matthew Garrett <mjg@redhat.com> wrote:
> Not all systems expose a firmware or platform mechanism for changing the
> backlight intensity on i915, so add native driver support.

After switching to 2.6.38-rc1 from 2.6.37
/sys/devices/virtual/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
disappeared and I cannot control the backlight.
I tried using acpi_backlight=video but that didn't help
(this is an HP laptop BTW and I don't think there is a
native backlight control for it).

I tried to apply this patch but I get:

	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c: In function 'intel_panel_setup_backlight':
	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'struct backlight_properties' has no member named 'type'
	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: 'BACKLIGHT_RAW' undeclared (first use in this function)
	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
	drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c:319: error: for each function it appears in.)
	make[4]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.o] Error 1
	make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm/i915] Error 2
	make[2]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm] Error 2
	make[1]: *** [drivers/gpu] Error 2
	make: *** [drivers] Error 2

$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GME965/GLE960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
$ find /sys/ -name "*backlight*"
/sys/class/backlight
/sys/module/video/parameters/use_bios_initial_backlight

Thanks,
Ali


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2011-01-23  4:57 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 10+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2011-01-21  5:36 [Intel-gfx] [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control Sedat Dilek
2011-01-21  5:55 ` Andrew Morton
2011-01-21  9:04   ` Sedat Dilek
  -- strict thread matches above, loose matches on Subject: below --
2011-01-14 19:24 [PATCH 1/5] Backlight: Add backlight type Matthew Garrett
2011-01-14 19:24 ` [PATCH 2/5] i915: Add native backlight control Matthew Garrett
2011-01-20 20:30   ` [Intel-gfx] " Ali Gholami Rudi
     [not found]     ` <20112101004346@lilem.mirepesht>
2011-01-20 23:13       ` Andrew Morton
2011-01-21  0:43         ` Matthew Garrett
2011-01-21  1:03           ` Andrew Morton
2011-01-21  4:57             ` Matthew Garrett
2011-01-23  4:45               ` Ali Gholami Rudi
2011-01-23  4:56                 ` Matthew Garrett

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).