LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [linux-stable-rc:linux-5.10.y 4948/4972] tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
@ 2021-08-10 11:25 kernel test robot
  2021-08-10 15:11 ` Andrii Nakryiko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: kernel test robot @ 2021-08-10 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrii Nakryiko
  Cc: kbuild-all, linux-kernel, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Alexei Starovoitov,
	Sasha Levin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 5084 bytes --]

tree:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git linux-5.10.y
head:   e97bd1e03e6ef58ec47ee7f085f8c14ed6329cf7
commit: 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d [4948/4972] selftests/bpf: Fix core_reloc test runner
config: x86_64-rhel-8.3-kselftests (attached as .config)
compiler: gcc-9 (Debian 9.3.0-22) 9.3.0
reproduce:
        # apt-get install sparse
        # sparse version: v0.6.3-348-gf0e6938b-dirty
        # https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git/commit/?id=183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
        git remote add linux-stable-rc https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
        git fetch --no-tags linux-stable-rc linux-5.10.y
        git checkout 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        make W=1 C=1 CF='-fdiagnostic-prefix -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__' O=build_dir ARCH=x86_64 SHELL=/bin/bash -C tools/testing/selftests/bpf install

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
>> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
   collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
--
   /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/no_alu32/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
>> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
   collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status


vim +860 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c

   765	
   766	void test_core_reloc(void)
   767	{
   768		const size_t mmap_sz = roundup_page(sizeof(struct data));
   769		struct bpf_object_load_attr load_attr = {};
   770		struct core_reloc_test_case *test_case;
   771		const char *tp_name, *probe_name;
   772		int err, i, equal;
   773		struct bpf_link *link = NULL;
   774		struct bpf_map *data_map;
   775		struct bpf_program *prog;
   776		struct bpf_object *obj;
   777		uint64_t my_pid_tgid;
   778		struct data *data;
   779		void *mmap_data = NULL;
   780	
   781		my_pid_tgid = getpid() | ((uint64_t)syscall(SYS_gettid) << 32);
   782	
   783		for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(test_cases); i++) {
   784			test_case = &test_cases[i];
   785			if (!test__start_subtest(test_case->case_name))
   786				continue;
   787	
   788			if (test_case->setup) {
   789				err = test_case->setup(test_case);
   790				if (CHECK(err, "test_setup", "test #%d setup failed: %d\n", i, err))
   791					continue;
   792			}
   793	
   794			obj = bpf_object__open_file(test_case->bpf_obj_file, NULL);
   795			if (CHECK(IS_ERR(obj), "obj_open", "failed to open '%s': %ld\n",
   796				  test_case->bpf_obj_file, PTR_ERR(obj)))
   797				continue;
   798	
   799			/* for typed raw tracepoints, NULL should be specified */
   800			if (test_case->direct_raw_tp) {
   801				probe_name = "tp_btf/sys_enter";
   802				tp_name = NULL;
   803			} else {
   804				probe_name = "raw_tracepoint/sys_enter";
   805				tp_name = "sys_enter";
   806			}
   807	
   808			prog = bpf_object__find_program_by_title(obj, probe_name);
   809			if (CHECK(!prog, "find_probe",
   810				  "prog '%s' not found\n", probe_name))
   811				goto cleanup;
   812	
   813	
   814			if (test_case->btf_src_file) {
   815				err = access(test_case->btf_src_file, R_OK);
   816				if (!ASSERT_OK(err, "btf_src_file"))
   817					goto cleanup;
   818			}
   819	
   820			load_attr.obj = obj;
   821			load_attr.log_level = 0;
   822			load_attr.target_btf_path = test_case->btf_src_file;
   823			err = bpf_object__load_xattr(&load_attr);
   824			if (err) {
   825				if (!test_case->fails)
   826					ASSERT_OK(err, "obj_load");
   827				goto cleanup;
   828			}
   829	
   830			data_map = bpf_object__find_map_by_name(obj, "test_cor.bss");
   831			if (CHECK(!data_map, "find_data_map", "data map not found\n"))
   832				goto cleanup;
   833	
   834			mmap_data = mmap(NULL, mmap_sz, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE,
   835					 MAP_SHARED, bpf_map__fd(data_map), 0);
   836			if (CHECK(mmap_data == MAP_FAILED, "mmap",
   837				  ".bss mmap failed: %d", errno)) {
   838				mmap_data = NULL;
   839				goto cleanup;
   840			}
   841			data = mmap_data;
   842	
   843			memset(mmap_data, 0, sizeof(*data));
   844			memcpy(data->in, test_case->input, test_case->input_len);
   845			data->my_pid_tgid = my_pid_tgid;
   846	
   847			link = bpf_program__attach_raw_tracepoint(prog, tp_name);
   848			if (CHECK(IS_ERR(link), "attach_raw_tp", "err %ld\n",
   849				  PTR_ERR(link)))
   850				goto cleanup;
   851	
   852			/* trigger test run */
   853			usleep(1);
   854	
   855			if (data->skip) {
   856				test__skip();
   857				goto cleanup;
   858			}
   859	
 > 860			if (!ASSERT_FALSE(test_case->fails, "obj_load_should_fail"))

---
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/kbuild-all@lists.01.org

[-- Attachment #2: .config.gz --]
[-- Type: application/gzip, Size: 41224 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [linux-stable-rc:linux-5.10.y 4948/4972] tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
  2021-08-10 11:25 [linux-stable-rc:linux-5.10.y 4948/4972] tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE' kernel test robot
@ 2021-08-10 15:11 ` Andrii Nakryiko
  2021-08-11  3:36   ` [kbuild-all] " Chen, Rong A
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Andrii Nakryiko @ 2021-08-10 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel test robot
  Cc: Andrii Nakryiko, kbuild-all, open list, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Alexei Starovoitov, Sasha Levin

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:25 AM kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com> wrote:
>
> tree:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git linux-5.10.y
> head:   e97bd1e03e6ef58ec47ee7f085f8c14ed6329cf7
> commit: 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d [4948/4972] selftests/bpf: Fix core_reloc test runner
> config: x86_64-rhel-8.3-kselftests (attached as .config)
> compiler: gcc-9 (Debian 9.3.0-22) 9.3.0
> reproduce:
>         # apt-get install sparse
>         # sparse version: v0.6.3-348-gf0e6938b-dirty
>         # https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git/commit/?id=183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
>         git remote add linux-stable-rc https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
>         git fetch --no-tags linux-stable-rc linux-5.10.y
>         git checkout 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
>         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>         make W=1 C=1 CF='-fdiagnostic-prefix -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__' O=build_dir ARCH=x86_64 SHELL=/bin/bash -C tools/testing/selftests/bpf install
>
> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
> Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>
> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>
>    /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
> >> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
>    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> --
>    /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/no_alu32/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
> >> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
>    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>

ASSERT_FALSE() macro is defined in test_progs.h, which is included
from core_reloc.c. There must be something wrong about how kernel test
robot is building selftests/bpf.

>
> vim +860 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c
>
>    765
>    766  void test_core_reloc(void)
>    767  {
>    768          const size_t mmap_sz = roundup_page(sizeof(struct data));
>    769          struct bpf_object_load_attr load_attr = {};
>    770          struct core_reloc_test_case *test_case;
>    771          const char *tp_name, *probe_name;
>    772          int err, i, equal;
>    773          struct bpf_link *link = NULL;
>    774          struct bpf_map *data_map;
>    775          struct bpf_program *prog;
>    776          struct bpf_object *obj;
>    777          uint64_t my_pid_tgid;
>    778          struct data *data;
>    779          void *mmap_data = NULL;
>    780

[...]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [kbuild-all] Re: [linux-stable-rc:linux-5.10.y 4948/4972] tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
  2021-08-10 15:11 ` Andrii Nakryiko
@ 2021-08-11  3:36   ` Chen, Rong A
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Chen, Rong A @ 2021-08-11  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrii Nakryiko, kernel test robot
  Cc: Andrii Nakryiko, kbuild-all, open list, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Alexei Starovoitov, Sasha Levin



On 8/10/2021 11:11 PM, Andrii Nakryiko wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:25 AM kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> tree:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git linux-5.10.y
>> head:   e97bd1e03e6ef58ec47ee7f085f8c14ed6329cf7
>> commit: 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d [4948/4972] selftests/bpf: Fix core_reloc test runner
>> config: x86_64-rhel-8.3-kselftests (attached as .config)
>> compiler: gcc-9 (Debian 9.3.0-22) 9.3.0
>> reproduce:
>>          # apt-get install sparse
>>          # sparse version: v0.6.3-348-gf0e6938b-dirty
>>          # https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git/commit/?id=183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
>>          git remote add linux-stable-rc https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
>>          git fetch --no-tags linux-stable-rc linux-5.10.y
>>          git checkout 183d9ebd449c20658a1aaf580f311140bbc7421d
>>          # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>>          make W=1 C=1 CF='-fdiagnostic-prefix -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__' O=build_dir ARCH=x86_64 SHELL=/bin/bash -C tools/testing/selftests/bpf install
>>
>> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
>> Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>>
>> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>>
>>     /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
>>>> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
>>     collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>> --
>>     /usr/bin/ld: tools/testing/selftests/bpf/no_alu32/core_reloc.test.o: in function `test_core_reloc':
>>>> tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE'
>>     collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
> 
> ASSERT_FALSE() macro is defined in test_progs.h, which is included
> from core_reloc.c. There must be something wrong about how kernel test
> robot is building selftests/bpf.

Hi Andrii,

The issue was found in a stable branch, and commit 7a2fa70aaffc 
(selftests/bpf: Add remaining ASSERT_xxx() variants) seems not in the 
branch, There are some conflicts that I failed to cherry-pick it to the 
head to test.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

> 
>>
>> vim +860 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c
>>
>>     765
>>     766  void test_core_reloc(void)
>>     767  {
>>     768          const size_t mmap_sz = roundup_page(sizeof(struct data));
>>     769          struct bpf_object_load_attr load_attr = {};
>>     770          struct core_reloc_test_case *test_case;
>>     771          const char *tp_name, *probe_name;
>>     772          int err, i, equal;
>>     773          struct bpf_link *link = NULL;
>>     774          struct bpf_map *data_map;
>>     775          struct bpf_program *prog;
>>     776          struct bpf_object *obj;
>>     777          uint64_t my_pid_tgid;
>>     778          struct data *data;
>>     779          void *mmap_data = NULL;
>>     780
> 
> [...]
> _______________________________________________
> kbuild-all mailing list -- kbuild-all@lists.01.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to kbuild-all-leave@lists.01.org
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-08-11  3:37 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-08-10 11:25 [linux-stable-rc:linux-5.10.y 4948/4972] tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/core_reloc.c:860: undefined reference to `ASSERT_FALSE' kernel test robot
2021-08-10 15:11 ` Andrii Nakryiko
2021-08-11  3:36   ` [kbuild-all] " Chen, Rong A

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).