LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
@ 2008-10-24 22:09 Fabio Comolli
  2008-10-24 22:34 ` Moore, Robert
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Comolli @ 2008-10-24 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel Mailing List; +Cc: ACPI mailing list, Len Brown

Hi all.
As the subject says:

ACPI Warning (nspredef-0858): \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BIF: Return
Package type mismatch at index 11 - found Buffer, expected String
[20080926]

No functional problems so far.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* RE: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
  2008-10-24 22:09 ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1 Fabio Comolli
@ 2008-10-24 22:34 ` Moore, Robert
  2008-10-25  9:57   ` Fabio Comolli
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Moore, Robert @ 2008-10-24 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Comolli, Linux Kernel Mailing List; +Cc: ACPI mailing list, Len Brown

Please send the acpidump for the machine so we can look at the method.
Thanks,
Bob


>-----Original Message-----
>From: linux-acpi-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-acpi-
>owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Fabio Comolli
>Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:09 PM
>To: Linux Kernel Mailing List
>Cc: ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>Subject: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>
>Hi all.
>As the subject says:
>
>ACPI Warning (nspredef-0858): \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BIF: Return
>Package type mismatch at index 11 - found Buffer, expected String
>[20080926]
>
>No functional problems so far.
>--
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in
>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
  2008-10-24 22:34 ` Moore, Robert
@ 2008-10-25  9:57   ` Fabio Comolli
  2008-10-28 19:40     ` Moore, Robert
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Comolli @ 2008-10-25  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Moore, Robert; +Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List, ACPI mailing list, Len Brown

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 924 bytes --]

Here you are.
Regards,
Fabio



On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Moore, Robert <robert.moore@intel.com> wrote:
> Please send the acpidump for the machine so we can look at the method.
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: linux-acpi-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-acpi-
>>owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Fabio Comolli
>>Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:09 PM
>>To: Linux Kernel Mailing List
>>Cc: ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>>Subject: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>>
>>Hi all.
>>As the subject says:
>>
>>ACPI Warning (nspredef-0858): \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BIF: Return
>>Package type mismatch at index 11 - found Buffer, expected String
>>[20080926]
>>
>>No functional problems so far.
>>--
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in
>>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>

[-- Attachment #2: Pavilion_dv4000_(ES973EA#ABZ).dump.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 32674 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* RE: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
  2008-10-25  9:57   ` Fabio Comolli
@ 2008-10-28 19:40     ` Moore, Robert
  2008-10-28 19:59       ` Fabio Comolli
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Moore, Robert @ 2008-10-28 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Comolli; +Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List, ACPI mailing list, Len Brown

Thanks.

The Linux battery driver can in fact handle the buffer where there should be a string, so this warning can be ignored.

The acpidump is very helpful for characterizing the problem, and we are investigating the proper course of action.

Bob


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Fabio Comolli [mailto:fabio.comolli@gmail.com]
>Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:57 AM
>To: Moore, Robert
>Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List; ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>Subject: Re: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>
>Here you are.
>Regards,
>Fabio
>
>
>
>On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Moore, Robert <robert.moore@intel.com>
>wrote:
>> Please send the acpidump for the machine so we can look at the method.
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>>
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: linux-acpi-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-acpi-
>>>owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Fabio Comolli
>>>Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:09 PM
>>>To: Linux Kernel Mailing List
>>>Cc: ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>>>Subject: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>>>
>>>Hi all.
>>>As the subject says:
>>>
>>>ACPI Warning (nspredef-0858): \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BIF: Return
>>>Package type mismatch at index 11 - found Buffer, expected String
>>>[20080926]
>>>
>>>No functional problems so far.
>>>--
>>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in
>>>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>>>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
  2008-10-28 19:40     ` Moore, Robert
@ 2008-10-28 19:59       ` Fabio Comolli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Comolli @ 2008-10-28 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Moore, Robert; +Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List, ACPI mailing list, Len Brown

ok, thanks.
regards,
Fabio

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Moore, Robert <robert.moore@intel.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> The Linux battery driver can in fact handle the buffer where there should be a string, so this warning can be ignored.
>
> The acpidump is very helpful for characterizing the problem, and we are investigating the proper course of action.
>
> Bob
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Fabio Comolli [mailto:fabio.comolli@gmail.com]
>>Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:57 AM
>>To: Moore, Robert
>>Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List; ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>>Subject: Re: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>>
>>Here you are.
>>Regards,
>>Fabio
>>
>>
>>
>>On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Moore, Robert <robert.moore@intel.com>
>>wrote:
>>> Please send the acpidump for the machine so we can look at the method.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob
>>>
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: linux-acpi-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-acpi-
>>>>owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Fabio Comolli
>>>>Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:09 PM
>>>>To: Linux Kernel Mailing List
>>>>Cc: ACPI mailing list; Len Brown
>>>>Subject: ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1
>>>>
>>>>Hi all.
>>>>As the subject says:
>>>>
>>>>ACPI Warning (nspredef-0858): \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BIF: Return
>>>>Package type mismatch at index 11 - found Buffer, expected String
>>>>[20080926]
>>>>
>>>>No functional problems so far.
>>>>--
>>>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in
>>>>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>>>>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2008-10-28 19:59 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-10-24 22:09 ACPI warning in 2.6.28-rc1 Fabio Comolli
2008-10-24 22:34 ` Moore, Robert
2008-10-25  9:57   ` Fabio Comolli
2008-10-28 19:40     ` Moore, Robert
2008-10-28 19:59       ` Fabio Comolli

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).